RWE Finance Graduate Scheme
Are you looking to kick-start your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Then welcome to the RWE Finance Graduate Scheme! With us, you will work in various financial functions, building up your knowledge whilst gaining extensive insights into the Finance world. We will give you the ideal foundation to flourish whilst you work alongside experienced industry experts, growing and thriving as a young professional.
You will convince us with an excellent degree (e. g. in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering) as well as having excellent German and English language skills.
Why join the RWE Finance Graduate Scheme?
Without the Finance functions, we wouldn’t be at the forefront of the energy industry. Without the Finance function, our Supply & Trading business wouldn’t be able to trade in new areas across the world and without the Finance function, our generation business wouldn’t be able to keep our power stations running, providing energy to millions of people.
Put simply, without Finance, RWE wouldn’t be here. So if you would like to have an impact: join us!
The Finance Graduate scheme is a RWE group-wide programme within the Finance areas. With the option to rotate into a wide range of exciting and stimulating areas, all our graduates carry out diverse and meaningful work throughout their graduate scheme. For each rotation, you will have defined targets where you can measure your success and ensure that you are always performing to your full capability.
The scheme is 2 years in duration and will see you carry out at least 4 rotations of up to 6 months each. Rotations are based in Germany although there are options to be placed in RWE’s locations throughout Europe. You will have a graduate advisor who supports you throughout the entire scheme and will be given the chance to choose your own rotations. You can opt from any area of our business such as Controlling, Credit Risk, Accounting, Financing, Portfolio Management, etc.
Our graduates will be offered various development opportunities including networking events where you will get exposure to senior managers and the boards. No matter which rotations you choose, you will be given the skills and knowledge to succeed during your time on the graduate scheme and beyond.
If you are passionate about the energy industry and Finance in particular, have the ambition to learn and grow at a company which is dynamic and full of change, then the RWE Finance graduate scheme could be the ideal opportunity for you. We look for the following in our graduates:
- You have a university degree above average either in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or a comparable discipline, ideally with focus on Controlling, Finance or Accounting
- Ideally you have knowledge of IFRS/IAS as well as HGB
- You have strong analytical skills
- You can work independently carrying your own responsibility and are highly motivated and pro-active.
- You are able to engage with stakeholders clearly and coherently and your German and English language skills are fluent.
- You have the ability to learn quickly and take accountability
- You are resilient and hardworking
- You have strong team-working skills
- You have relevant work experience e.g. through internships (this is beneficial but your motivation and passion should shine through in your application)
Applications are now closed. We will re-open for applications in September 2017.