The Executive Board of RWE AG today outlined to the Supervisory Board the new organisational structure of the RWE Group, due to come into effect no later than 1 April 2008. The aim of the change is to make the Group more focused and to optimise operations at all stages in the value chain by avoiding duplication. This will also make for faster and more efficient decision-making.
The responsibilities in the new Group structure have been allocated as follows:
- Dr. Jürgen Großmann: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Dr. Rolf Pohlig: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Berthold Bonekamp: Group strategy, M&A, R&D, Renewables
- Alwin Fitting: Human Resources Director
- Dr. Ulrich Jobs: Chief Operating Officer and Supervisory Board Chairman of the operating companies
Berthold Bonekamp and Ulrich Jobs are to step down as CEO of RWE Energy and RWE Power respectively. The Supervisory Boards of these two companies will appoint their successors shortly.
A merger of RWE Trading and RWE Gas Midstream is also envisaged.
The Supervisory Board acknowledged and approved the planned reorganisation.