As one of the UK's leading energy companies, we know that we all have a role to play if we are going to tackle the causes of climate change. Our educational Climate Cops programme helps us to do this.
The npower Climate Cops programme helps schools across the UK to become greener and more sustainable and shows young people how they can take a lead in being greener at home and school. It follows the Government's National Framework for Sustainable Schools by focusing on the child, curriculum, campus and community.
- inspires children aged 4-14 to make a positive difference to their environment
- shows young people how to take action - both at home and school - to use energy more efficiently and live in a more sustainable way
- helps teachers to deliver engaging and stimulating lessons about energy generation, energy efficiency, climate change and sustainable living through our free education resources
- provides UK schools with free energy audits, providing advice on how schools can save energy, money and CO2 emissions
- helps schools work towards the Government's Sustainable Schools Framework and environmental/education awards.
Our programme enables us to:
- build closer relationships with local communities, demonstrating our commitment to the environment and education
- engage our employees, enabling them to join in with the activity so they can develop and share their skills with children across the country.