Goole Fields II
RWE npower renewables submitted a planning application to East Riding of Yorkshire Council to build 17 turbines on land located 2km south of Old Goole. The proposed turbines will be located immediately to the west of those that have been granted planning permission at our Goole Fields Wind Farm.
If granted planning permission, the proposal could bring substantial benefits to the area - generating local jobs and providing a community investment package worth £1.7million, which will run over 20 years.
Prior to submitting the planning application, we consulted with a wide range of people and organisations, including the Environment Agency, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Natural England, and the Ministry of Defence. Independent consultants also carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment and the results of these studies support the planning application. It is now down to East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Planning Committee, in consultation with all interested parties, to make a decision which takes into account the need for alternative electricity to help tackle climate change.
How we have listened to you
Following the two rounds of public exhibitions in November 2010 and February 2011, over 120 people attended and of those who provided feedback, over 81% were not opposed to our proposals. In response to the comments made by local people, we made the following changes to our design:
- reduced the number of turbines from 20 to 17
- the proposed turbines have been laid out to compliment the adjoining consented Goole Fields Wind Farm
- building a new access road for the construction traffic which would also be open for use by the significant volumes of agricultural vehicles, many of which are large, that currently use local roads Moorland Road, Hall Road and Wroots Avenue to access Swinefleet Road–ultimately reducing road noise and HGV traffic levels on the local road network.
How can you show your support?
There are a number of ways in which local people can demonstrate their support for the proposals, these include:
Writing to the council’s planning department directly, quoting the following planning reference number 11/05923/STPLFE
The address is:
Strategic Development Control Team
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- You can also contact your local councillor–details of who can be found on the council’s website. If you live in Old Goole, the Councillors for the Goole South ward are: Councillor Pat O’Neil and Councillor Mally Boatman
- By writing to your local newspaper expressing your support for the proposal