"To be a trusted partner for competitive renewable energy"
Latest news concerning our projects as well as our contacts for press inquiries can be found here.
Our portfolio comprises onshore and offshore wind farms as well as biomass-fuelled plants and hydroelectric power stations. Furthermore we are advancing the development of new technologies
Off the German coast RWE Innogy is constructing the offshore wind farm Nordsee Ost. Once commissioned, the site will produce enough energy to supply about 310.000 households.
We help you with the realisation of your onshore project and as an experienced partner we support you with the technical operational management.
Discover our offer
We offer exciting projects that bring the best out of you. Apply now to work for the renewables business of RWE.
Current job offers
at a glance
More press releases of RWE Innogy in our archives.
Lots of movies, brochures and a selection of images as download.
Your press contacts answering questions regarding renewable energy projects.
This is where you will find our press releases, a selection of movies, images and numerous handouts. Our press contacts will be happy to answer your media questions - directly, comprehensively and quickly.
Northland Power Inc. ("Northland") and RWE Innogy GmbH, Essen (“RWE”), today announced that the €1.2 billion Nordsee One project has reached financial close, with all of the equity contributed to the project and all debt required for the project now fully committed by the project lenders. Northland owns 85% of the 332MW offshore wind farm to be located 40 kilometers off the coast of Germany, and RWE retains the remaining 15% interest.more
RWE Innogy, in partnership with the operator of Eneco Luchterduinen offshore wind farm, has successfully completed the trial of an innovative offshore buoy for measuring wind and wave data in the Netherlands. The floating measuring platform demonstrably fulfilled the requirements with regard to availability and accuracy. For the purpose of testing further technical configurations with various manufacturers, an additional floating LiDAR was installed off the Dutch coast mid-March. The research project’s objective is to develop a cost-effective alternative to fixed met masts. Floating LiDAR systems are expected to only cost 10 to 20 percent of a conventional measuring mast, indicating huge potential to make a considerable contribution to cutting development costs of offshore wind farms.more
Today, RWE has started construction of the Sandbostel wind farm in the rural district of Rotenburg in Lower Saxony. Altogether five wind power turbines with a capacity of 2.35 megawatts (MW) each will be manufactured by the German company Enercon and installed at the site. With an installed capacity of altogether around 12 MW, the wind farm is expected to be fully operational at the end of 2015. The wind farm will then generate enough green electricity to supply an equivalent of 6,000 households every year. The wind turbines will have a total height of 150 meters.more