Your settings for cookies and pixels on

Select which cookies and pixels we are allowed to use. Please note that some cookies are necessary for technical reasons and must be enabled in order to maintain the functionality of our website. If you would like to benefit from every service on our website, please consider that you need to choose every cookie category. For more information, please refer to our Data Protection Information.

    • Maintain the stability of the website.
    • Save your log-in data.
    • Allow to improve the user experience.
    • They provide advertisements that are relevant to your interests.
    • They allow you to share interesting content directly with your social media network.

You can change your cookie and pixel settings on at any time via our Data Protection Information.


Show Details
Select all Confirm selection

RWE Renewables

LECH Nowy Staw III wind farm by RWE started producing energy for Kompania Piwowarska’s breweries

RWE Image
  • RWE has fully connected its 12-MW-wind farm to the grid
  • Electricity needs of all three breweries are covered 100% with green energy

Essen, 13 March 2023

As of 2021, 100% of the electricity needs of the three breweries owned by Kompania Piwowarska are covered with wind energy supplied by RWE. Newly launched wind farm LECH Nowy Staw III located near the town of Nowy Staw, about 50 km south-east of Gdansk, the wind farm, owned and operated by RWE, is comprised of three turbines, which together have a total installed capacity of 12 megawatts (MW) and meets 54% of Kompania Piwowarska’s demand for electricity necessary to brew beer in the Dojlidy Brewery, Lech Browary Wielkopolski and Tyskie Browary Książęce, while the remaining 46% is already delivered by the existing wind farms in Nowy Staw.

LECH is one of Kompania Piwowarska’s leading brands, which has been implementing pro-environmental solutions across different areas of its activity and inspiring its consumers to carry out more eco-activities.

Powering Kompania Piwowarska’s breweries with wind energy significantly reduced the negative impact of our activity on the natural environment. “Thanks to the agreement with RWE, we have lowered CO2 emissions from our breweries by 66% compared to 2019, which constitutes a milestone in the execution of our environmental goals specified in the Better Future 2030 strategy, which includes becoming carbon neutral across our breweries by the end of this decade. At the same time, our cooperation with RWE illustrates how we implement the overarching purpose of our company: creating meaningful connections. These are business partnerships based on similar goals and values, bringing benefits not only to the business, but also to the planet and community,” says Igor Tikhonov, CEO of Kompania Piwowarska.

Poland is one of RWE’s focus renewables markets in Europe. The company already operates Polish onshore wind farms with a capacity of more than 470 megawatts. Construction of the Żnin project (48 MW) is underway. In addition, RWE is diversifying its renewables portfolio in Poland by investing in solar farm projects and has strengthened its business with the acquisition of 3 gigawatts solar pipeline in 2022.

“With this investment, we support Polish industry and Polish companies in their energy transformation towards green energy sources. Commissioning our LECH Nowy Staw III wind farm is a testament not only to the good cooperation between both entities implementing this project, but also to the dynamic development of wind energy used within Polish industry. 
We are happy to be part of such a transition, providing Kompania Piwowarska with first-class, highly efficient solutions,” says Wojciech Borkowski, responsible for project implementation at RWE Renewables Poland.

The installation completed at the beginning of this year was built under the PPA concluded in 2019 between Kompania Piwowarska and RWE. The first electricity from the new wind turbines has been supplied since February.

More information about the PPA solutions from RWE:


Kaskasi: RWE offshore wind farm commences regular operation


Read more

RWE underlines commitment to floating offshore wind in the Celtic Sea through new ‘Vision’ document


Read more

RWE unveils supplier initiative to unlock business opportunities from offshore wind growth and investment


Read more