Government Relations Manager
- Sacramento, CA, US, 95814
RWE Renewables Americas LLC, Sacramento
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Corporate Development / Strategy
Government Relations Manager
Location: Sacramento, CA
The Government Relations Manager is a key role on the Government Relations Team and will have a focus on advocating for key policies that will advance the interests of RWE Renewables (Company) in West Coast offshore development. This role will be located in Sacramento, California.
- Develop and execute government relations strategies designed to advance the interests of RWE
- Manage contract lobbyists, consultants and trade associations to support the advancement of offshore wind policies, laws and regulations
- Develop coalitions with a variety of industry stakeholders and ensure consistent internal communications on issues impacting the Company
- Analyze and track legislation and policy changes to assess impacts to the Company
- Manage all in-state lobbying activities and compliance reporting
- Facilitate sponsorship and conference participation opportunities
- Must possess an Advanced degree preferred – Law, Business, Policy or other relevant areas
- Demonstrated past experience in advocacy with the California Legislature and the Governor’s Office to develop policy solutions that advance offshore wind;
- Significant past experience with the energy industry, and preferably with renewable energy development and a solid familiarity with state of California governmental processes;
- Demonstrated relationships with the Legislature and Executive Branch;
- Expertise in developing political strategies with key California leaders and third-party stakeholders to support the advancement of offshore wind policies, laws and regulations;
- Experience in effectively communicating complex issues with key stakeholders who are not experts in offshore wind development
- Be able to accomplish directed tasks on time with minimal direction and to resolve problems as they arise and able to work in a highly dynamic work environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation development
- Promote safety at all times
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 80603
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.