Materials analysis is a crucial element in the assessment of materials technology trial results in research projects. The necessary investigations are performed in the materials laboratory in Niederaussem with all the latest equipment.
Metallography, fractography and destructive materials testing
- Assessment of microstructures, deposits and surfaces: Assessment of damage pattern
- Characterisation of damage in terms of microstructural changes, and formation of pores and cracks
- Mechanical and technological materials testing to characterise performance in terms of stability and toughness
- Operational-level testing of materials in the laboratory
Non-destructive materials testing (ZfP)
- All standard procedures for surface crack testing
- Ultrasound measurement
- Mobile materials testing
See here for additional services by the materials laboratory and the Materials & Analytics department.