IT Developer Graduate Programme m/f/t
- Essen, NW, DE, 45141
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Start date: September 2023
Choose a whole world of experience
Joining us means choosing from over 50 possible six-month rotations for your two-year programme. You’ll be free to explore them all – starting in Essen in Germany with others potentially in London, Singapore or USA (Chicago, Boston or Austin). So get ready to find the work and choose the challenges that really inspire you.
The contribution you’ll make
Working in close partnership with leading technology companies, our IT functions drive efficiency and innovation across the whole of our business.
Right from the start, you can be part of it, as you work alongside and collaborate with some of the brightest people in the field, using new, agile techniques and technologies. You’ll learn about our global business from the inside.
Developers at RWEST operate at the heart of our commercial business, working closely with analysts, front office desks and business support areas to provide solutions in key areas such as profit and loss, position reporting, deal lifecycle automation, market data visualisation, model prototyping and systematic trading activities, to name only a few.
Key areas you could choose to do your rotations in include:
- Application development
- Embedded IT for our commercial business such as trading of energy commodities, freight and logistics, commercial asset optimisation or sales and origination
- IT projects with high business attention such as “Lead in Data” or “Lead in Cloud”
- You could also do one rotation in a non-IT related function to help you build up a broad awareness of the business
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
The qualities you’ll bring
As well as a keen interest in the energy industry and the readiness to explore our markets and our business, you’ll need:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in IT or a similar statistical or numerate subject such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics
- Fluent English
- A positive approach to working in a team
- To be motivated by taking on new challenges
- A commercial and analytical mind
- The ability to adapt and learn quickly
- An enthusiasm for developing your skills and exploring new opportunities
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as C#, Java or Python
- Passion for IT development and working in a DevOps environment
- To be open to travelling to multiple locations
A community of support
You’ll become part of a vibrant and diverse early careers network that extends far beyond the office you’re in. You’ll also have a buddy and a mentor to support you and plenty of training courses and seminars to build your knowledge. And your career path will be yours to shape, throughout the programme and beyond. Around 80% of our grads stay on long after their programmes have finished. You’ll soon discover why.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- International rotations in the UK, Singapore, USA, and possibly further afield
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme), peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
- Access to a modern office and trading floor
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- State-of-the-art IT
Ready to make your choice?
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews and podcasts. Find out more on www.rwestcareers.com or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? email@example.com or Kate Poade, T: +44 207 898 1954
Apply before 23rd February 2023 with just a few clicks: 79460
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH has around 1,600 employees from 45 countries and is the international trading house for RWE. We are active on Europe’s largest energy trading floor in Essen as well as in London, New York and Prague. On growth markets outside Europe, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, we are the hub for electricity, gas, biomass, raw materials and emission certificates. We provide large industrial companies and trading partners with energy supply solutions and risk management concepts. We also ensure commercial optimisation of the RWE power stations, operate storage for natural gas and market renewable energy generated by RWE Renewables. Our innovative solutions pave the way to the future of energy–and to a sustainable life.