HR Graduate Programme m/f/t
- Essen, NW, DE, 45141
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Start date: September 2023
Choose a whole world of experience
Are you passionate about people? Do you strive to be an enabler and trusted partner within a large organisation? Are you looking to make a real, positive impact on people’s personal growth, as well as team success? Joining us means choosing out of many possible six-month rotations for your two-year programme. You’ll be free to explore them all – starting in Essen in Germany with others potentially in Swindon, London, Singapore, or USA (Chicago, Boston, or Austin). So, get ready to find the work and choose the challenges that really inspire you.
The contribution you’ll make
Right from the start, you’ll help us continue our expansion into new markets and locations. You’ll learn about our global business from the inside – doing meaningful work and contributing to all aspects of HR. Potential areas you could gain exposure to are:
- HR Operations
- HR Controlling
- Compensation & Benefits
- Diversity & Inclusion
- HR Marketing & Employer Branding
- People & Organisational Development
Whichever team you join, you’ll be welcomed as an equal. Your perspective will be valued. You’ll be trusted to deliver the work you’re given. And with each new rotation, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
The qualities you’ll bring
As well as a keen interest in the energy industry and an interest in HR and our business, you’ll need:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in Business Administration, Psychology, Business Education or similar, ideally with a focus on HR
- A strong sense of responsibility as well as solution-oriented and proactive action
- Organisational talent with analytical problem-solving skill as well as a creative drive
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- To be open to travelling to multiple locations
A community of support
You’ll become part of a vibrant and diverse early careers network that extends far beyond the office you’re in. You’ll also have a buddy and a mentor to support you and plenty of training courses and seminars to build your knowledge. And your career path will be yours to shape, throughout the programme and beyond. Around 80% of our grads stay on long after their programmes have finished. You’ll soon discover why.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- International rotations in the UK, Singapore, USA, and possibly further afield
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme), peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
- Access to a modern office and trading floor
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- State-of-the-art IT
Ready to make your choice?
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews and podcasts. Find out more on www.rwestcareers.com or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? email@example.com or Julia Seelhöfer, T: +49 152 54806399
Apply before 5th February 2023 with just a few clicks: 79335
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH has around 1,600 employees from 45 countries and is the international trading house for RWE. We are active on Europe’s largest energy trading floor in Essen as well as in London, New York and Prague. On growth markets outside Europe, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, we are the hub for electricity, gas, biomass, raw materials and emission certificates. We provide large industrial companies and trading partners with energy supply solutions and risk management concepts. We also ensure commercial optimisation of the RWE power stations, operate storage for natural gas and market renewable energy generated by RWE Renewables. Our innovative solutions pave the way to the future of energy–and to a sustainable life.